Unite is the largest trade union in the UK and Ireland, representing members in a range of public, private and voluntary sectors including manufacturing, public services, transport, food, finance and construction.
Check out below 10 good reasons why you should join Unite.
Join Unite – have a voice, take action and play a part…Unite the union – the union for all.
- You can earn more – workers in unionised workplaces earn between five and eight percent more.
- You could get more holiday – Unite has won better holidays for many of its members in places where it organises.
- You are less likely to be sacked – trade union members are half as likely to be sacked than non-union members.
- You get more and better training – Unite has fully trained learning reps to ensure you update your skills.
- If you do get injured you can get better compensation – Unite regularly helps members and their families each year through its legal help.
- You are less likely to be discriminated against than non-union colleagues – Unite constantly campaigns for tougher anti-discrimination laws.
- You are less likely to be injured – unionised workplaces have trained health and safety reps to ensure employers meet their responsibilities.
- You will get better maternity or paternity leave – workers in unionised workplaces enjoy better leave than just the legal minimum.
- More job security – The union challenges job cuts and campaigns when workplaces are under threat of closure.
- Be part of an organisation that champions fairness – Unite challenges injustice at work and in our communities.